TP-LINK EXTENDER SETUP
Say No To Dead Wi-Fi Zones
To set up your TPLink Wi-fi Extender, you should be connected to the Tplink Network. In case if you are not able to set up your tp-link extender, make sure your extender is near the home router for the initial tplinkrepeater.net setup process.
Trying to Install the WIFI Range Extender?
Choose how would you like to setup your Tp Link Extender
Tplinkrepeater.net setup using Web Browser
Were going to talk about how a user can access the setup page of TpLink WIFI extender using manual method:
- First, Plug your WIFI extender into a power outlet, and wait for the power light to lit up.
- The second step is to, grab any of your wireless devices i.e. phone, tablet, or computer.
- And connect your wireless device with Tp-Link_2.4Ghz.
- After being connected to the default repeater network, open any web browser.
- And type tplinkrepeater.net on the address bar.
- You are now on the Tp-Link new extender setup page.
- Enter in the default username and password to access the smart wizard screen.
- Now follow the on-screen instruction to connect your booster to your main router or modem.
Note: If the Range extender is brand new, please create a new username and password (without any special characters) for secure management purposes.
How to configure my TP-Link extender as an access point?
Alright if you want to configure your booster as an access point, here is all the detailed info in step by step through which a user can install the wireless repeater as an access point.
- Firstly, plug the extender into a power socket.
- To begin the installation, a user will need an ethernet or cat5 cable.
- And now attach the one end of the cable with the booster and the other end of the cable to the main router or modem.
- Once you plugged in the cable, use any wireless-enabled device and connect to the TpLink extender network.
- Open the web browser now and type in tplinkrepeater.net on the address bar.
- Note: If you have a TP-Link router then you can access the setup page by typing 192.168.0.254 Ip address.
- You are now on a new extender setup page. Enter the default username and password.
- Once you logged in to the setup management page. Click on the mode as an access point and then hit on save.
If you face any trouble while setting up your booster, do not worry feel free to get in touch with our certified expert who will be happy to assist you in case of any trouble with your wireless extender.
How to set up my TP-Link WIFI repeater?
We are now going to discuss one of the easiest ways to set up your WIFI range extender with your existing wireless network. This is known as push button configuration or WPS setup.
So let’s jump into how to setup TP-Link extender with the WPS method:
- To configure the Tp-link extender, make sure the repeater is powered on.
- Now look for the WPS button on your device and press it once.
- And now push the same button on your WIFI router or modem.
- You will now see the blinking lights on both of your devices.
- If your repeater is successfully connected to your main modem or router. You will see solid led light on the extender.
- Now unplug the extender, place it where you get weak internet signals.
How to factory reset my TP-Link WIFI Range Extender?
Firstly, take a paper clip or a tooth to factory reset the TP-link range extender.
Now plug the repeater into an electric outlet . Once you have the power led light on the booster.
Using a paper clip, press and hold the reset button until the device’s LED lights begin to blink.
Make sure that the color of the light goes amber while you are doing the process.
Release the button after 10-15 seconds and wait for the extender to reboot.
Your WIFI repeater is back to factory default settings.
How to re-configure my Tplink repeater to a new modem or router?
If you are attempting to reinstall your Tplink WIFI extender with a new modem or internet provider. Simply follow the steps given below:
If you have one solid power light on the extender
- Plug your Tplink repeater, into the power outlet.
- Once you see the power light is lit solid on the extender.
- Grab a laptop or a tablet and connect your device with the Tplink range extender
- Now open a web browser and type tplinkrepeater.net on the address bar.
- Now create an account and follow the steps to install your WIFI booster.
If you have 2 or more led lights on the extender
If you see 2 or more led lights on the Tplink range extender, this is because your booster is still recognizing the previous router or modem. So, to reconfigure your TPlink WIFI repeater to a new modem or router, so kindly follow this process first: How to reset the Tplink AX1500 WIFI range extender?
192.168.0.254 – TP-Link Extender Login
192.168.0.254 is an IP address that is used for installing a TP-link WIFI range extender. If http://tplinkrepeater.net web URL is not working for you, use the default TP-link extender login IP 192.168.0.254
In order to access the repeater, you just have to open a web browser and enter this default IP in the address bar. This will take you to the default Tp-link repeater setup web page where you can install and configure your device with great ease. This IP address is designed only to handle your device installation process and works in the same way as the tplinkrepeater.net web address.
- Use any laptop or a tablet and connect your device with the TP-Link extender setup network.
- Once connected, open any web browser i.e. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
- And type in 192.168.0.254 IP on the address bar.
- You are now on the TPlinkrepeater.net setup page.
- Create a device login password to access the installation page.
- Once you logged in follow the onscreen instruction to link your device to the main router or modem.
- The IP address 192.168.1.254 is part of the Class C IP range, which also includes the addresses 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.255. This address is part of a private IP address, as defined by RFC 1918.
- When a user visits this URL, they are greeted with an error message stating that “this site cannot be reached” or that “the URL takes too long to respond.”
This occurs because the IP address is only available in a private location and not on the public network.
“Private networks” are IP packets received from a private range. Network devices such as routers provide a private IP address via Network Address Translation (NAS). These addresses are assigned by the current router using DHCP. Because 192.168.1.1 is set as the default extender IP on almost all routers, this IP is used by home networks. If you are having trouble connecting to192.168.1.254, please contact our support team.
Why I Can’t Access the Tplinkrepeater setup page?
When a user can’t log in to the default www.tplinkrepeater.net setup web management page, it’s either a common mistake or a major technical issue.
- The web URL is incorrect.
- WIFI connectivity from the router or modem is slow or inconsistent.
- The version of the web browser is out of date.
- The settings on the booster and router are not the same.
- To check the settings of your main modem or router, a user needs to reach out to their internet service provider or get in touch with our certified expert.
- SSID and pre-shared key difficulties.
- You are not connected to the default setup network of the range extender.
- http://tplinkreater.net, the server could not be found.
- 192.168.0.254 Ip address conflicting.
- Domain Name Server (DNS) Issues.