What is my TP-link default IP address and how to set it up?
The default IP address of the TP-Link WIFI repeater is 192.168.0.254. And to install the Wi-Fi booster to the web-based setup, a user can either go to http://tplinkrepeater.net or go to 192.168.0.254 to access the installation page to connect the repeater to the existing wireless connection.
The 192.168.0.254 IP address will only be going to work if you connect the device with your Tp-Link extender. Else it will be going to give an error “ checking the proxy and firewall”. Because the IP address is specifically designed to only work if you have a TP-Link wireless range extender.
So now we are going to discuss how a user can install the extender with the default Ip address.
So this is how you can simply setup your TP-link Wi-Fi Extender on your own at your home or office. Please follow the steps given below to setup your repeater:
- Firstly, plug your repeater into the power outlet.
- Now, wait for the power light to turn on on your WIFI booster.
- To begin with the web-based setup, Access to any of your laptops or cell phone.
- And connect your device to the default Tp-Link extender network.
- Type in http://192.168.0.254 into the web browser’s address bar.
- A little window will appear, prompting you for your username and password.
- By default, the Username and Password are both admins in lower case.
- Continue by following the Quick Setup instructions and clicking “Next.”
- Select your Region here, and then click “Next”.
- Now, your booster will scan the area for available wireless networks.
- Then kindly choose the wireless network you wish to extend, click “Next”.
- Now, enter the password for the wireless network to which you wish to extend it and click “Next.”
- Here we may verify all of the options we just made and click “Finish” if everything is correct.
- Now, the extender will reboot to ensure that all changes take effect.
- After the reboot, we need to verify that the settings have taken effect, which means that your booster has been successfully connected to your primary Router/AP and may connect to the Internet.
- Finally, you can plug your booster into an desired location to extend the wireless network’s coverage and enjoy the expanded wireless network.