TPLINK AX1500 RE505X SETUP
This chapter introduces how to setup Tp-Link AX1500 WIFI Extender. Please follow the step-by-step instructions to set up the AX1500 with the manual method.
- Plug the AX1500 RE505X extender into an electrical outlet next to your router, and then wait until the Power light turns solid.
- Now get on any of your wireless devices and look for a Wi-Fi manager.
- Once you are under the Wi-Fi management page Select the Tplink Re505x Network.
- Open a Web browser and visit https://tplinkrepeater.net
- Now create a password on the AX1500 setup page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your RE505X setup.
Note: If your home router does not 5Ghz, you can skip the 5Ghz on the setup screen of your Tplink Ax1500.
Table of Contents
Tp Link AX1500 RE505X Firmware Update
To update the Ax1500 Re505X firmware follow the steps below:
- AX1500 RE505x should be all powered on.
- Your device should be connected to the Re505X extender’s network.
- Now you need to open tplinkrepeater.net on your browser to access the admin page of your AX1500 Extender.
- Login into your Ax1500 and Go to the settings tab.
- Look for the option that says System tools on your Re505x Web GUI.
- After you are under system tools, you need to Hit the firmware update option.
In case you are not able to update the Ax1500 firmware, you can use our chat support
How to install my TP-Link AX1500 RE505X WIFI extender?
- To setup TP-Link AX1500 WIFI extender, firstly plug the device into a power outlet.
- For the initial setup, connect the extender as close to the main router as possible.
- Now, press the WPS button on both the router and the WIFI repeater at the same time.
- Both your router and the extender will have a blinking LED.
- Within a minute, you will see all lights will light up solid on the wireless booster.
- Unplug the AX1500 and relocate to the location where you have a poor internet connection.
TP-Link AX1500 Range Extender RE505X Common Issues
- The lights on the RE505X are not lighting up.
- Getting error “can’t reach this page”.192.168.1.254 IP address not reachable.
- RE505X firmware and software upgrade issue or get the default login password of the repeater.
- Couldn’t access the Tp-Link AX1500 WIFI extender setup page.
- Didn’t have the WPS button on the router.
- Can’t set up the AX1500 to the new router or modem.
- Unable to connect the device to the extender network.
- Username and password issue. The power light is not lit up on the RE505X.
TP-Link AX1500 RE505X Setup using Tether App
Over here where are discussing how to setup Tp-link AX1500 WIFI Extender Setup using the App:
- Download the Tether application on your smartphone or tablet.
- Create an account to install the AX1500 RE505X.
- Now connect the repeater to an electrical outlet and wait for the power light to illuminate.
- Go to the wireless settings option on your smartphone or tablet and connect to the TPLink Extender network.
- Open the app and follow the instruction to connect your device to the main router or modem
For more information & troubleshooting: